- While most new computer courses are on Zoom, a couple are planned for face-to-face in the Hub.
- Keep your Zoom apps up-to-date – it’s safer and you can be sure of having all the latest features.
- Only have a smartphone? You can join in on Zoom too – single sessions on how to do this start next week!
- Keep safe online – book in for the scams awareness session in November and avoid the scammers.
- The Questions and Answers session is still open for enrolments. Get answers to your computer, iPhone and iPad questions.
New short courses
New short courses starting in Term 4 cover a wide range of interests. There are courses in
- Windows 10 (also covering the upcoming Windows 11),
- Photo editing,
- Libre Office (a free alternative to Microsoft Office)
- Android phones
- iPhones (Apple phones) – in person at the Hub if restrictions allow, otherwise on Zoom.
Update your Zoom app
Keep your Zoom app up-to-date to ensure everyone gets the best experience. Whether you join Zoom sessions with your computer, tablet or smartphone, you are likely using an “app” for that. See the instructions on our website for how to update on all your devices.
Think you can’t join in on Zoom? Use your smartphone!
You don’t need a computer or a tablet to join a Zoom session – your smartphone is most likely capable and it is amazingly effective. Two sessions are being offered in the holiday break to get you started. Book in the usual way on the UMAS enrolment system or email and you’ll be sent information on how to join and a phone contact to talk you through it if needed.
Sessions are on Tuesday 21 September and a repeat on Tuesday 28 September – so get in fast!
Scams Awareness Week
For Scams Awareness Week in November there is a single session on “How to Spot a Scam”. This is planned to run face-to-face at the Hub and will show you how to identify scams and help keep you safe. If you use email or SMS messages then this is for you! Book in for Tuesday 9 November.
Enrol in the Questions and Answers class and you can get answers. New members are welcome at any time and you can choose which sessions to attend based on the topics to be covered. You can view the list of topics covered so far on the Questions and Answers website page. If your topic has already been discussed, don’t worry – we are all happy to have a refresher!