The Victoria State Government is offering a $250 Power Saving Bonus, which is a conditional one-off payment to provide direct support to Victorian households experiencing energy bill stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program is available until 31 January 2022. You will need to apply online by visiting compare.energy.vic.gov.au
The process is straight forward but there are several requirements:
- You must be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. a residential electricity accountholder) to be eligible to apply.
- You will require an emailed copy or a downloaded pdf of your Electricity Bill to forward to the above website (a photocopy won’t work). However, you may be able to use the National Metering Identifier (NMI) located on the top of the second page of your bill.
Additionally, to be eligible you must receive one of the following:
- Centrelink Pension Concession Card
- JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Abstudy or Austudy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
Once you complete your online application you will immediately receive a confirmation email. When approved you will receive an email from to ask for your bank details. This is the official government email, do not give any bank details to any other emails or SMS.
Your payment will be paid via EFT into your bank account within 2-3 weeks although there could be delays during high demand periods.